Easiest thing to make! Toss the ingredients together and you are done. Bake it while you eat dinner!
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes:
- 4 ripe bananas (Smash them as much as you can! I used the bottom of a heavy beer glass)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 1/4 cups, because the mixture was so thick)
- 1/2 cup walnuts ( I added these to the recipe)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (I also added these)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (Also not part of the original recipe. The batter was so thick! I wanted to make it thinner.)
Here’s What I Did:
I melted the butter in the microwave and added it to the mashed bananas, mixing throughly.
I sprayed a loaf pan with Pam and poured the batter in:
I baked it for 1 hour.
Voila! Banana Bread:
Here’s a slice:
Not bad for the first time!
It might come out better with very ripe bananas (I used one extremely ripe banana and three yellow ones). Also, next time I might try using buttermilk or skim milk in place of the almond milk.