Time for some blueberry bread! I debated whether I should make bread or muffins or even pie, but the bread won. My boyfriend has become interested in this bread-making pattern I am developing. He had TONS of blueberries that never seem to get old (Costco has amazing fruits!) and so I put them to good use. I called this post “Bubbly Blueberry Bread” because when I took the bread out of the oven the blueberries seemed to bubble and burst. They tasted great!
I got this recipe from Allrecipes. As I tend to do, I changed a few things:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk (I used 1.5 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used butter instead)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I used 2.5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt ( I used just a pinch)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder (I used 3 tbsp.)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (I used 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- I added 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix the egg, sugar, milk, and melted butter in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients, then the blueberries, and finally the walnuts. Stir well.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50-60 minutes.