So, next time I don’t think I’ll be using almond milk to make corn muffins. They came out extremely crusty and they stuck to the paper liners too much. Also, they were pretty much tasteless. Good with butter, though!
I love this website, Dessert for Two. That’s where I got the recipe from. It is absolutely genius!! Next time I’ll follow the recipe word for word.
- 1/2 cup stone-ground cornmeal ( I used extra fine cornmeal)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I added a bit more, but I do not think it was sugary enough even with that extra bit!)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder (I overdid this. That might have been part of the reason why they came out so icky)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (I used almond milk instead of buttermilk. Yes, I know, it’s a BIG change)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Preheat oven to 400F. In a bowl, mix the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and melted butter together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Pour the mixture into muffin paper liners and bake 12-15 minutes.