Yes, it’s that good. This recipe is courtesy of my friend Jake, a great cook who recently got engaged! I think he got it from Smitten Kitchen. This recipe is amazing! It is very simple to make. All you need is a bit of time to allow the tomatoes to simmer. You can make the rest of your dinner while you are waiting for the sauce to cook.
- 1 28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes (I used the Cento brand)
- 5 tbsp. butter (I used salted and omitted salt later)
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced in half
- Place the tomatoes (juice included), onion, and butter in a saucepan and heat to medium until it begins to simmer slightly. Reduce heat to a low simmer and let it cook for 45 minutes, occasionally using a wooden spoon to crush the tomatoes against the side of the saucepan.
- Remove the onion once the sauce has finished cooking and serve!