This recipe was published in Self Magazine in their Drop 10 Plan. These potatoes are fantastic. They really fill you up. I over-broiled them, which is why the cheese looks like a brown crust…but they still tasted great.
- 1 large Russet potato, sliced into half-inch thick slices
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 cup canned black beans
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (they suggested cheddar but I don’t like it)
- 2 tbsp plain 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sliced scallions
Heat broiler. In a bowl, combine the potato slices, cilantro, olive oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on a wire rack over a foil-lined baking sheet, 6 to 8 inches from the broiler.
Broil until golden, about 10 min. Transfer the potatoes to the sheet lined with foil (sprayed with Pam). Pour the black beans on top and top with the cheese. Bake at 350F until the cheese is bubbly (10 min). (This is the part where I messed up. I broiled it for another 10 min! The potatoes were perfect, but the cheese crust wasn’t.)
Serve topped with yogurt, tomatoes, and scallions.