Cookies have been on my mind for a while now. My stand mixer was boxed up for about a month during the transition period of moving and finding everything in boxes. I Pinned this recipe from Cooking Classy a while ago. It’s fantastic and does not require a mixer.
Here is how I tweaked it.
- 2 T softened butter (salted) — I used Kerrygold Irish butter
- 3 T light brown sugar
- 1 T whisked egg — Crack one egg open, whisk it, and scoop out 1 T of the mixture
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla — I used white vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup flour — I used organic white flour
- 3 T chocolate chips — I used Nestle large chocolate chunks
- Combine the softened butter, sugar, egg, baking soda, vanilla, and flour. Stir with a spoon until mixed well.
- Add the chocolate chips and form into a 3.5 inch disk on a baking sheet. Press more chocolate chips onto the cookie if you want.
- Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes. I baked mine for 14 minutes, and it came out perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!