Now that we are back in Florida, plantains are everywhere, and they’re affordable! I saved this recipe a long time ago and finally tried it yesterday. This is definitely a keeper!
- 2 plantains, yellow to black in color
- 1.5 T lime juice (I used the juice of half a lime)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (I used a dash)
- 2.5 T butter
- Heat oven to 375F and trim the plantain ends on both sides.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each plantain and place on a baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Peel the skin off the plantains and slice into 1/2-inch diagonal pieces.
- Place the pieces on the baking pan and sprinkle with lime juice, chili powder, and salt. Bake for another 10 minutes.