This hearty beef stew comes from one of my favorite food blogs. This is the best beef stew I’ve ever tasted!
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 pounds stew meat, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the beef chunks and cook for about 5 minutes, until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place beef, potatoes, onion, carrots and garlic into the slow cooker. Add the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and dried herbs, including the bay leaves. Season with more salt and pepper if you want.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. I cooked this for 4 hours on high heat, and it came out delicious!
- Once the 4 (or 8) hours are up, combine 1/2 cup of the beef stew broth with the flour and stir well. Add this to the slow cooker, cover, and let cook for another 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if you want.