This lentil soup recipe doesn’t take too long and it tastes great. I used an immersion blender to get it chunky and thick. If you like tomato-based soups, you will like this one. The recipe is from Epicurious.
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery stalks
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic and saute until the vegetables start to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable broth, lentils, and tomatoes in juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 35 minutes.