I can’t believe I haven’t posted this recipe yet. I make this nearly every week! I adapted it from this recipe. These potatoes are delicious with rosemary but I bet you could use other roasted herbs like sage, thyme, oregano, etc and it would taste great.
- 4 Russet baking potatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary, washed, dried, and needles removed
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Scrub and dry the potatoes. Slice the bottom part of the potato off, about 1/4 inch, so that the potato rests flat against the cutting board. Repeat with the other three.
- Using chopsticks placed above and below the potato or just being very careful, slice the potato from left to right, leaving about 1/8-1/4 inch intact from the bottom (the chopsticks will provide a good ending point for this, preventing your knife from slicing further down). Continue slicing the potato into thin slices, about 1/8-inch apart. Repeat with the rest of the potatoes.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub the olive oil mixture all over the potatoes. You can also do this with the bottom portion of the potatoes, to make “potato skins.” Place on a baking tray lined with foil and sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes. Remove the potatoes and sprinkle with the rosemary and more salt. You may drizzle more olive oil on them if you like. You can nestle the rosemary inside the folds of the potato too. The potato skins will be ready at this point, so remove them from the tray.
- Bake at 400F for another 30 minutes. Enjoy!