I find all kinds of delicious recipes on Allrecipes. This muffin recipe is hearty and goes well with butter or jam. I made some changes that I’ve noted below.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups oat bran
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chilled applesauce
- 4 T vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I added this ingredient)
- 2 T sliced almonds (to give it some crunch)
- 1 T flaxseed (more crunch!)
- Cinnamon sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400F and line muffin baking pan with muffin cups.
- In a blender, combine the brown sugar, oat bran, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated. Add the applesauce and vegetable oil. Mix well and spoon batter into muffin cups (filling them 2/3 of the way).
- Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.