This recipe is courtesy of Minimalist Baker. I’ve made some changes noted below. It’s addictive!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups raw pecans
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas (I used 1/4 cup sliced almonds, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, and 1T flaxseeds)
- 3 Tbsp sugar (I used white sugar)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Grade A maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s)
- Preheat the oven to 340F.
- Combine the oats, nuts, seeds, spices, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree, stirring constantly with a whisk or spatula. Pour over the oat/nut combination and stir well.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer half the mixture to the parchment paper and make sure it is spread out evenly in one layer. Bake at 340F for 23 minutes (the original recipe called for 23-33 minutes, but my oven started burning it at 24), making sure to flip the granola halfway through. Repeat with the second batch. The granola should be crispy and lightly browned.
You can store this in an airtight container for 2 weeks.