I’ve been obsessed with making granola lately. It’s cheaper and healthier than buying it, and you can customize it so many ways. My friend shared this recipe with me. It’s from Foodbabe.com. It’s delicious!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups raw nuts (I used half pecans, half sliced almonds)
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries (I omitted this but if you include it, make sure you add it after the granola comes out of the oven)
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except dried fruit.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the granola in a single layer on it.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning the granola over every 20 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let cool. Add the dried fruit.
This will keep for a couple of weeks! You can also freeze it.