Sometimes you just want some breaded chicken! I had some leftover cutlets from my Skillet Lemon Chicken, so I made this last night. Although the coating can be a bit dry, if you sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top at the end, it will boost the flavor.
- 4 chicken cutlets, about half an inch thick
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the bowls: place the flour, egg, marinara sauce, and breadcrumbs in individual bowls and set aside.
- Wash and pat the chicken dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with Pam.
- Dip each cutlet into the flour, then egg, then marinara sauce, and finally the breadcrumbs. Place on the sheet. Repeat with the other cutlets.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Place in the oven for 5 more minutes so the cheese starts to melt.