This cauliflower soup has a bit of spice to it from the pepper, and it’s very comforting on a rainy night!
- 1 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion (about 3/4 of an onion)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small chunks
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil on medium and add the onions. Saute for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds or so.
- Add the cauliflower and pour in the chicken broth. Add the salt and pepper and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Once the soup has cooled, use an immersion blender to blend it into a creamy consistency. Serve with hot bread!