Here’s a recipe for giant chocolate chip cookies, courtesy of Martha Stewart.
I split the recipe in half. Modifications are in italics.
- 2 cups all purpose flour (1 cup)
- 1.5 tsp baking soda (3/4 tsp)
- 1 tsp salt (1/2 tsp)
- 1 cup/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 1 cup white sugar (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (3/8 cup)
- 2 eggs (1 egg)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 1 bag (12 ounces) chocolate chips (I used half a chocolate bar, cut into chunks)
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture with mixer on low speed. Mix until just incorporated. Add the chocolate chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Drop 1/4-cup mounds of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet, 4 inches apart. One cookie sheet should hold 4 cookies. A half batch makes about 7.
- Bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes. I baked mine for 13 minutes and they came out almost too brown.