Making pizza dough is super relaxing and fun! Here’s a great recipe from Betty Crocker. I used bread flour.
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups bread flour (I used 2 1/2)
- 1 T sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 3 T olive or vegetable oil (I used vegetable)
- 1 cup very warm water, about 120-130 degrees
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Add 3 T oil and warm water. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Stir in the rest of the flour and continue beating until dough becomes sticky and starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead 5-8 minutes. Dough should be springy. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes. Dough will rise!
- For thin crust pizza, heat oven to 425F. Grease a cookie sheet and divide dough in half. Place half the dough on the cookie sheet and pat down into a 12-inch circle. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Add toppings of your choice. I used pizza sauce, 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced red peppers, chopped fresh basil, and chopped mushrooms. Bake pizza for another 10-15 minutes, or until toppings begin to brown and cheese has melted.
Note: You can also skip the cheese if you are making this for lactose-intolerant folks!