This recipe is from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, and it can be found on page 126.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- honey (optional)
- Grease 12 muffin tins (measuring 2.5-inch), including the edge and around the top of each cup and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir the mixture until it forms a solid ball. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 1 minute with a wooden spoon after each addition. Divide the dough evenly among the muffin cups, filling them 2/3 full. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown and puffy. Remove from pan and serve immediately, with honey if you wish.
Calories: 137 per puff