Here is one of my all-time favorite meals: pad thai! I have not tried to make this recipe yet, but I am looking forward to making it sometime soon. Great places to get some pad thai in Miami: Bangkok Bangkok, Origin, Moon, and Siam Palace Thai.
Unfortunately, I do not remember where I got this recipe, sorry!
- ½ pound dry rice noodles, ¼ inch wide
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ pound shrimp, cut in half
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 6 scallions, cut into 2 in pieces
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and slivered
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Cook noodles. In a wok or large stockpot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and stir fry for 15 seconds. Add shrimp and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until just pink. Add the tofu and toss until coated with oil. Add the eggs and scramble. Fold in the cooked noodles, fish sauce, vinegar, ¼ cup water, brown sugar, and paprika. Toss for 2 minutes. Add scallions and bean sprouts and heat through. Pile onto large platter and sprinkle with red pepper, peanuts, and lime wedges.